Monday, October 12, 2020

UK Core Issue: How Do We Distribute Covid Vaccines?

If I were in charge of distributing the Covid-19 vaccine to all of the residents of Fayette County, my go-to would be to use the military to distribute it. I would have a vaccine distribution center, where the military would have stationed tents set up to give the vaccine to the desired residents. I would have the military properly trained to give the vaccine shots. Vaccine stations would be set up every day, from 6am to 10pm. The military would be the first to receive the shot considering they're the ones who will be giving it to the Fayette County residents. I would have a list of who would get the vaccine next, my list is as follows: Hospital and doctors office/clinic employees, essential workers, elderly, residents with weakened immune systems (such as HIV positive residents, cancer residents, a terminal illness, etc), first responders, children, and then everyone else. Every resident will have to show an ID, a social security number, and their occupation as well as health status. I want to make sure that the right people are getting the shot first. Also, I will have a website up that will have a few questions so residents can tell which "group" they're considered under, therefore that will clean up any confusion. Some consequences of this process I may have to consider is chaos. The tents might be extremely packed every day, overwhelming the military and the system put into place. However, we won't know if this particular process works unless we try it, then I can accommodate and tweak the process to make it more smooth. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

What Covid Has Been Like on Campus

  Above is me and my roommate at a Kentucky Wildcats football game. We try to make things as normal as possible while still following CDCs g...